Activities & Events
Please see below for our activities calendar. If you would like to join us, please contact us now.
About “The Friends”
Friends of Pukekura Park are first and foremost people who love Pukekura Park, Brooklands Park and the associated bush Reserves and wish to safeguard its special character.
- We are a social group, we meet in the evenings several times a year, usually with a speaker and occasionally enjoy a day trip locally or further a field.
- We produce a Newsletter three times a year to keep members up to date with happenings within the Park, plus providing historical and ecological information relating to the Park, and, of course, there's our Friends' website!
- Some members train to be guides and take tour groups through the Park, others act as tail-end charlies to ensure no one gets lost!
- Volunteers drive the buggy so that less able visitors can enjoy the Park.
- Other volunteers assist Park staff with gardening and pruning tasks.
- A Friends committee works closely with Mark Bruhn, NPDC Parks Manager and Chris Connolly the Curator for Pukekura Park.